Ideal for protection and plantigrade support.
By all accounts, diabetes has reached epidemic proportions and is one of the leading causes of mortality and disability worldwide, with over 18 million diabetic people in the United States alone and 194 million people worldwide (Medical Technology Focus Oct. 2009). Among all types of chronic, hard to heal ulcers, diabetic ulcers are the most difficult to treat. The incidence of ulcers among diabetic patients is estimated at 15%, affecting over 2.4 million patients in the US and over 17 million patients worldwide.
Orthoflex braces are:
- Ideal chronic recumbency.
- Adjustable for swelling and shrinking reaction.
- Staff compliance.
- Total heel protection and plantigrade support.
- Pressure ulcers protection.
- Protection for diabetic feet and immobile patients.
- Reliable protection of heels and foot borders.
- Easy removal.
- Single pair of hands only needed.